B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, and other consulting services.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. We enable our clients’ visions through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. We view every challenge as an opportunity for learning and never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 450 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
Reporting to Team Leader and/or Director, the Intermediate Interior Designer is responsible for assisting the project team to plan and design interior spaces.
- Responsible for design on projects from inception through design development and presentations, ensuring high quality outputs and creativity, with minimal guidance
- Fundamental understanding of structural requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects
- Prepare working drawings and assist with specifications for interior construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furniture, furnishings, fixtures and equipment as well as assist with creation of sample boards under direction of supervising designer
- Assist in developing and presenting preliminary space plans and two- and three-dimensional design concept recommendations to supervising designer
- Develop documents, drawings and diagrams which outline client needs to appropriately portray the design concept and to meet functional, maintenance, performance, environmental and safety requirements under direction of supervising designer
- Understand the process of selection, specification and documentation of furniture, furnishings, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product description; contract administration to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation under the supervision of the senior interior designer
- Proactively seek out resources and information from senior staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an Interior Designer in a Consultancy Firm.
- Recognized professional qualification in Architecture and/ or Interior Design
- Fundamental understanding of the design process and ability to comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Ability to work independently and multitask under challenging datelines
- Reliable, responsible and willingness to take on new responsibilities and implement them
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup/3DsMax, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite,
- Strong team- working, communication and interpersonal skills. Able to build good working relationships with Architects, Contractors, Consultants/ Specialists and Vendors
- Proven track record of completing deliverables with a high standard
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to SingaporeResumes@bharchitects.com , with “Intermediate Interior Designer” in the subject line.