B+H Architects is a global, award-winning firm with a 60+ year legacy of building creative solutions for clients through the delivery of architecture, interior design, landscape, planning, and other consulting services.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Dubai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. We believe in the power of design to transform spaces, communities, and economies. We enable our clients’ visions through customized designs that exceed their business goals and inspire the people that live, work, heal, play, and learn within them. We view every challenge as an opportunity for learning and never lose sight of the people we’re designing for – regardless of the type of development, scale, scope, or geography involved.
Our more than 450 team members are committed to delivering bold and inspiring design solutions that are driven by honed insight, active listening, fearless entrepreneurialism, and a collaborative fusion of perspectives. Design performance achieved through constant innovation, accountability, hands-on service, cultivating talent, and being a champion for diversity in all its forms – these are the things we value.
For more information, please visit www.bharchitects.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google+.
Reporting to Director, and/or Principal, under the line management of the Architectural Manager, the Intermediate Architect is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the design process and delivery of all working information pertaining to the projects he/she is assigned to by their line manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- With input from the Director and/or Principal, oversee the design process and deliverables for both DD and CD phases, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Managing all deliverables in relation to the project
- Coordinating with external consultants and internal project teams. The Intermediate Architect is to ensure delivery of work packages in timely manner and within the standards and quality controls of B+H.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources and developing works following the client’s detailed brief requirements.
- Under minimal supervision, manage their project/projects and team/teams of intermediate and junior designers; delegating and assigning work tasks appropriately as work role requires.
- Understand the requirements of the contract documentation, life safety issues, international building codes and other technical aspects; they are required to be knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices of B+H.
- Prepare and administer construction documents including specifications
- Administer contract documents, bids and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants.
- Assist with permit tender applications as required
- Complete construction administration from tender through project close out
- Work to a project fee and client budget
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior Architects
- Provide back-up assistance to other members of the Architecture group.
- Assist senior management in the development of new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Min Architecture Degree with at least 3 years’ experience
- Understand the design process and fully comprehend the client’s needs and goals
- Well-developed time management and project management skills required to undertake projects
- Professional, client service oriented and positive representative of the firm
- Exercise sound judgment; proactive and anticipate client needs; effectively identify problem areas and negotiate and mediate when necessary to resolve issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Software/Technology: AutoCAD 2015 or similar, Revit 2017, 3D Software knowledge preferred (Sketchup or 3DsMax), Microsoft Office 2003 (including Excel), Presentation Software (Power Point or Photoshop) Microsoft Project skills an advantage.
- Police Certificate from country of origin / residence showing clear no criminal convictions.
- Good working knowledge of Local Building Code & By Laws
- Member of local professional organization an asset
For more information about our firm please visit www.bharchitects.com
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to HCMCResumes@bharchitects.com, with “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line.