Working closely with the interior design team, the Junior Interior Designer is creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
• Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations.
• Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the B+H team.
• With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements.
• Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality renderings.
• Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the project, understanding how texture, light, color and other factors interact to create an environment.
• Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules.
• Aid in preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections and schedules) in both AutoCAD and REVIT.
• Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service.
• Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support.
• Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it.
• Communication Proficiency
• Presentation Skills
• Collaboration Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Time Management and Organization
• 2-5 years of experience as an Interior Designer.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Interior Design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attained, or are working towards attaining your NCIDQ certification.
• Attained, or are working towards attaining LEED professional accreditation
• Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
• Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed.
Travel: Occasional local day travel and overnight travel.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.