Our CHIL Interior Design – Vancouver, Canada studio is looking for a highly motivated Intern Interior Designer to join our Interiors Practice. This individual will have a passion for hospitality design and be creative to the core, one who is driven by success, and embraces being part of a high performance, best-in-class team.
We are looking for a strong team player able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interested in working for a diverse, multi-disciplinary, multi-sector, global reaching firm. The Intern Interior Designer will be able to effectively interact and collaborate with a broad range of service providers (architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers, regulators, etc.)
- Work with the team to produce compelling, informative proposals and presentations
- Accompany senior colleagues to client meetings, being an effective presenter and representative of the CHIL Interior Design team
- With guidance, provide space planning that accurately reflects the Program, functional requirements and design considerations of the project, and meets all building code requirements
- Participate in the 2 and 3D development of design concepts, with emphasis on developing high quality designs and renderings
- Research, gather, recommend and present to the team appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental and budgetary requirements of the hotel brand and the project, understanding how texture, light, colour and other factors interact to create an environment
- Help prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement and installation of FFE fixtures, furnishings and equipment, including detailed layout drawings and schedules
- Aid in preparation of Contract Documents (plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules) primarily in AutoCAD (and REVIT).
- Maintain good client relationships through attentive and results-oriented service
- A degree or diploma from a CIDA accredited Interior Design program
- Up to 3 years’ experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm
- An Intern membership with IDIBC (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your NCIDQ certification
- Attained, or are working towards attaining your LEED Green Associate certification
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint), and Spexx; as well as a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- A solid portfolio of diverse creative projects (from school or employment) with emphasis in Hospitality and Residential design
- A proven background of involvement with the Interior Design industry, through volunteer work on school, IDIBC or NEWH events or committees
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps at lightning speed
- Comfortable with AutoCAD, both as a planning and modelling (3D) tool
- Self-directed, able to work independently and know when to reach out for guidance and support
- Ready to receive and welcome coaching from supervisors and colleagues, assimilate feedback and learn quickly from it
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Positive attitude, passion and patience